This online course has been produced by Safebridge as part of its E-Learn Pro portfolio on Safebridge’s Training Hub, the online place featuring various types of e-learnings, suitable for professional mariners and recreational sailors.
Buy it directly on the Training Hub or contact our Sales Department:
Tel: +49 40 55 56 57 9-20
As an informative course and a familiarisation tool, ECDIS Training for Maritime Pilots is specifically designed for pilots operating the onboard ECDIS equipment, covering generic ECDIS training and type specific modules for various manufacturers.
The course covers both generic topics and type-specific familiarisation that specifically addresses the Maritime Pilots’ needs.
- Generic module: Navigating with ECDIS
- Type specific modules for various manufacturers
- Standards and Requirements
- ECDIS Overview
- Electronic Charts
- Alert Management
- Shiphandling with ECDIS
Type specific module:
- Introduction and Basics
- ECDIS Setup
- Sensors and Alerts
- Navigating Tools
Objectives of the course
- Understand the navigational functions of ECDIS;
- Direct the selection of and assess relevant information;
- Understand the potential errors of displayed data and the common errors of interpretation;
- Explain why ECDIS should not be relied upon as the sole source of navigational information;
- Be familiar with the features that are common to all ECDIS systems.