Developed to keep Deck Officers up-to-date
Refresh navigators' knowledge on specific ECDIS types! The refresher courses are precisely developed for deck officers who already own a safebridge manufacturer-approved certificate for the respective ECDIS type and need to refresh their knowledge.
To order courses, contact Sales: firstname.lastname@example.org
or call our Sales Department: +49 (40) 55 56 57 9 -20
The ECDIS Type Specific Refresher Courses, developed by Safebridge, are specifically designed for deck officers who already own a Safebridge certificate for Type Specific Training and need refresher training, because they have not used the equipment for a period of time.
Since deck officers change ships frequently, they often encounter a different ECDIS on board, but they have to be prepared every time. Although they already own a certificate on the specific ECDIS type from Safebridge, after working with a different one for a period of time, they need to refresh their knowledge.
At the same time, the navigators, will update their knowledge on the latest software updates for the selected courses.
Module 1: User Interface
Module 2: ECDIS Basic Features
Module 3: Chart Work
Module 4: Sensors
Module 5: Route Planning
Module 6: Route Monitoring
Module 7: Chart Maintenance
Module 8: Backup Arrangements and Data Management
Module 9: Navigational Tools and Other Related Information
- Duration: Approx. 16 hours
- Timeframe: 5 days access
- Language: English
- Approval: By manufacturer
- Prerequisites: Already certified for the specific course by Safebridge
- Educational Objective: Type-Specific refresher training with a specific ECDIS module
- Target Audience: Nautical personnel who have already been certified by Safebridge for Type Specific Training on the particular ECDIS
- Delivery Methods: E-learning