Buy it directly on the Safebridge Online Shop or contact our Sales Department:
Tel: +49 40 55 56 57 9-20
Click Safebridge Online Shop to purchase the "German Shipping Law" course.
This online course was created by Safebridge, to revise and replace Safebridge’s existing distance learning course and to offer an e-learning alternative to ship officers, to acquire the knowledge and certification with regards to the German Maritime Law, as deemed necessary by the national regulations.
“German Shipping Law” is suitable for non-German management level officers (chief mates, chief engineers and second engineers), who are on board ships flying the German flag.
“German Shipping Law” features video tutorials, glossary, test and certification, providing complete high-quality training and examination experience to the end-user.
Fully Compliant & Authorised by BSH and BMVI
Safebridge GmbH is authorised by the Federal Maritime and Hydrographic Agency (BSH) and by the Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure (BMVI), to provide approved training and qualifying examinations for German Maritime Law as per § 21/2 of the Ships Officers' Training Regulations.
Objectives of the course:
- Offer an e-learning alternative to non-German ship officers (management level) to acquire the knowledge and certification with regards to the German Shipping Law as deemed necessary by the national regulations.
- Provide an online training course to the user, to comply with the STCW convention (regulation I/10 paragraph 2) requiring officers to have appropriate knowledge of the flag states maritime legislation.
- Extend the course offering which is currently offline based, to online.
- Enhance the learning experience of the end-user.
“German Shipping Law” features video tutorials, glossary, test and certification. The course prepares students for the assessment test, which follows upon completion of all nine modules.
The Modules include:
Module 1: Introduction
Module 2: The Federal Republic of Germany
Module 3: Fundamentals of German Criminal Justice
Module 4: Maritime Labour Convention
Module 5: Maritime Responsibility Act
Module 6: Ship Safety
Module 7: Dangerous Goods
Module 8: Law of the Flag
Module 9: Marine Accident Investigation
- Nine Modules
- Glossary with all the important German and legal terms defined.
- A test with single answer questions, from the prescribed course material of the different modules.
- A certificate is provided when the test is successfully passed and a copy of the certificate is sent to BSH to keep for their records.